The Structural Designer role provides product designers with easy-to-use, simulation-based guidance to improve product structural and thermal performance while reducing over-dimensioning and costly prototyping. It is part of the scalable 3DEXPERIENCE® WORKS structural simulation portfolio using the proven Abaqus technology. Structural Designer is on the collaborative 3DEXPERIENCE platform so that teams can easily share information, review simulation data and make the right decisions rapidly. With this role, product designers get the right tools to boost innovation and optimize products early in the design process.
WHAT IS STRUCTURAL DESIGNER?
- Perform structural linear static, steady-state thermal, natural frequencies and linear buckling simulation.
- Abaqus FEA solver, on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Help designers improve their design by quickly showing them where the trouble spots are and whether or not their design will meet their company’s design requirements.
- Reduce over-dimensioning and costly prototyping.
- Easy collaboration between SolidWorks and Simulation. Changes in the CAD model can be updated by the user in single click when working with simulation, allowing for fast “what if” iterations.
- Structural Designer can be used for simulation of individual components or assemblies of many components, depending on needs.