Structural Mechanics Engineer is a comprehensive structural analysis solution, part of the SIMULIAWORKS portfolio, powered by the market leader Abaqus finite element analysis (FEA) technology, on the 3DEXPERIENCE cloud-based platform.
Structural Mechanics Engineer solves a large range of structural simulation problems from the simple to the most complex physics, including linear and nonlinear static, dynamic, thermal, frequency, buckling, random vibrations and more.
WHAT IS STRUCTURAL MECHANICS ENGINEER?
Structural Mechanics Engineer is a cloud-based simulation solution on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to perform a wide range of structural analyses:
- Linear and nonlinear static or quasi-static
- Nonlinear implicit or explicit dynamic
- Creep effect, frequency, complex frequency – Linear buckling, linear mode-based steady-state or transient dynamic, random response
- Thermal analyses, transient or steady state heat transfer
- Thermal-stress analyses, transient or steady state.
The proven Abaqus FEA solvers power Structural Mechanics Engineer:
- Abaqus /Standard with the implicit method for static or low-speed dynamic simulations,
- Abaqus/Explicit with the explicit method for high-speed dynamic simulations.
One of its key strengths is to handle coupling of multiple non-linearity effects:
- Geometric nonlinearities: finite strain, translation and rotation.
- Material non-linearities: hyperelasticity, plasticity, etc.
- Contact (open-close, stick-slip changes), with small or large assemblies
TECHNICAL ADVANTAGES OF STRUCTRAL MECHANICS ENGINEER
SOLVE COMPLEX ENGINEERING PROBLEMS
Structural Mechanics Engineer is powered by the robust and proven Abaqus solvers ensuring accuracy and best in class simulation capabilities for the SOLIDWORKS community,
- a. Includes implicit and explicit methods, to cover a very wide range of structural simulation applications such as drop tests, impacts, crash, snap fits, gasket compressions and pre-loaded bolted assemblies
- b. Handles efficiently large translation / large rotation / large strain ensuring simulation accuracy
- c. Offers reliable and automatic contact detection ensuring accurate interactions prediction
- d. Simulates multiple and sequential load cases to represent exactly the real loading conditions e. Provides large variety of analysis procedures (static, dynamic, heat transfer, etc.) to enable users
Provide a Robust Engineering Workflow Fully Associative with SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD
Full associativity with SOLIDWORKS CAD for efficient design simulation workflows and traceable revisions of what if scenarios. Simulation computations run either on a local computer or remotely on the cloud on multi-cores to free-up user’s local machine.
Offer a Productive Meshing and Modeling Environment
Automatic and reliable meshing tools with beam, tri, quad, tet, wedge and brick elements for pre-processing efficiency. A large material models library to define the right behavior (including non-linear ones such as hyper-elasticity or plasticity) to ensure simulation fidelity.
Empower Engineers with Intuitive and Comprehensive Results Investigation Experience
Lightweight Simulation review tool for easily sharing the engineering results live, from anywhere, at any time, from any device, and accelerate decision-making. Standardize and democratize company simulation workflows; experts can now easily customize the user interface and guide the non-experts or first time users through the simulation workflow.