SOLIDWORKS Inspection is a First Article Inspection (FAI) and in-process inspection software that streamlines and automates the creation of ballooned inspection drawings and inspection reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.). It consists of a stand-alone application and a SOLIDWORKS add-in that enables users to leverage their legacy data regardless of whether they have SOLIDWORKS files, PDFs, or TIFFs. It is a simple and intuitive application that can reduce the time needed to create inspection documentation by up to 90%, and helps to virtually eliminate input errors, thus improving quality and reducing time-to-market.
- First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Inspection Reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.)
- Ballooned Drawings
- Record Inspection Measurements
SOLIDWORKS INSPECTION Solution Include:
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): When working with a PDF or TIFF drawing, SOLIDWORKS Inspection can instruct Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to read and identify the nominal dimension, plus and minus tolerances, and the type of dimension (such as diametric or linear) helping to virtually eliminate manual input and reduce errors. It works with horizontal and vertical dimensions, split dimensions, notes, hole callouts, finish symbols and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) symbols.
- Quickly create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports with stand-alone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in.
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer.
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes.
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results.
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms.