SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawing-less manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS. It guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards. If you have a messy display, or a tedious navigation, the MBD package is solution. It helps organize the rich data into clean and structured 3D presentations with different views and display settings. It can even intelligently show and hide 3D annotations while you rotate the model to give you extra clarity while respecting all the critical-to-function annotations.
- 3D Engineering Drawings
- 3D Model Views
- Professional 3D PDF
- 3D PDF templates
- STP 242 output
- 3D PMI comparison
SOLIDWORKS MBD Solution Include:
- Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
- Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-consume fashion.
- Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
- Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as eDrawings®, 3D PDF and STP242.
- Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
- Share and archive 3D data directly to free up time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings.