SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional
Take a first look at SOLIDWORKS ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS
Take a first look at SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D
Modernize your Electrical System Design
SOLIDWORKS® Electrical simplifies electrical system design with its intelligent design tools, comprehensive parts database, and real-time integration of your 2D schematics and 3D models. Bi-directional integration in real time with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD provides better collaboration and productivity, resulting in fewer product delays, more consistent and standardized designs, lower costs, and faster time-to-market .
- Comprehensive integrated library of nearly 500,000 standard electrical parts makes part selection easy and speeds schematic creation
- Integrated single-line and multi-line schematic planning tools
- Dynamic context-sensitive user interface provides only the commands that make sense based on where you are in the design process so you can focus on design
- SQL database architecture enables multiple users to work on projects concurrently
- Copy and paste circuits to reuse designs across projects
- Direct import of existing DWG™ and DXF™ symbols with existing attributes and connections
- 4,000+ symbols for use in electrical schematics and system layouts
- Circuit symbol creation wizard to easily prepare custom 2D schematic symbols
- Customizable symbol and macros palettes for the most frequently used symbols and saved circuits
- Fully automated generation of PLC schematic, terminal strip drawing, and support documents
- Generate DWG, DXF, and PDF documents for projects, with extensive archive capabilities
- Integration with SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM to manage documents, generate reports, and create PDF and DWG exports (SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM sold separately)
- Localization of product interface and documentation in seven languages
- Complete library managers for symbols, footprints, title blocks, macros, cables, and part references, including customizable ERP connectivity for standard parts
- Real-time bi-directional updates between 2D and 3D synchronize electromechanical design so everything stays coordinated throughout development
- Integration of the 2D schematic with the 3D model helps standardize designs and unify your BOMs to reduce mistakes and delays
- Placement of the electrical system and cables/wires in your 3D model enables planning of specific locations and paths for consistent product manufacturing
Benefits of Choosing SOLIDWORKS Professional
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical2D and SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D in one convenient package
- Single installation and licensing step
*Requires SOLIDWORKS CAD software (sold separately)
The Benefits Of Integrating 2d Electrical With 3d Mechanical
Eliminate Hidden Costs
- Prevent mistakes and extra costs with your 3D model and schematic linked bi-directionally in real time, as well as a combined BOM for electrical and mechanical.
Reduce Manufacturing Defects and Scrap
- With items selected during schematic creation added to the 3D model, you can ensure fit, check for collision/clash, calculate lengths, plan for efficient material usage, and reduce scrap. Documentation is better and more consistent throughout development, reducing mistakes.
- Coordinating electrical and mechanical functions enables teams to work in parallel to save time. Specific time-saving benefits include combining mechanical and electrical BOMs to streamline production planning and faster planning of cable/wire/harness paths using the 3D model.
Ensure Consistent Manufacturing and Assembly
- Including electrical information from the schematic in the 3D model enables detailed planning, documentation, and visualization of overall product design, helping to ensure consistent assembly from unit to unit.
Streamline Development to Reduce Costs
- Faster design, better communication between departments, synchronized plans, up-to-date documentation, and shorter time-to-market all add up to reduced costs throughout the product lifecycle.